Support for Windows 7 expires on January 14, 2020. That means it is finally time to upgrade your Windows 7 to Windows 10 to ensure your PC working smoothly and securely. If you don’t upgrade your Windows 7 before the deadline, your PC will be at risk of attacks from malware that Microsoft simply won’t patch.
You might don’t want to make the switch due to several issues in Windows 10 reported by the media widely. However, Microsoft launched several updates to fix the issues in May 2019.
How to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10
The good news is that the free Windows 10 upgrade offer is still valid while Microsoft said the offer was “officially” valid for one year, ending on July 29, 2016. However, as we continued to confirm months and years after that deadline, Microsoft kept allowing users to download the latest Windows version for free, at least by now (Nov.2019), the free update was still available for Windows 7.
If you want to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10, just follow these steps to install a legit copy of Windows 10 on your machine.
- Check the hardware of your PC to make sure your PC can run Windows 10 without any issues. The majority of computers running Windows 7 already meet the requirements, but there are exceptions. But the only way you are going to find out is by actually starting the upgrade process. The Windows 10 installer will run a check for hardware that will not work with Windows 10 and give you a choice to stop the upgrade or continue.
- Go to this link https://www.microsoft.com/software-download/windows10 and click on the Download tool now button
- After the Media Creation Tool has been downloaded, click to run it.
- Accept the license terms and either click on the Upgrade this PC now.
- Click on the Next button to proceed.
Once the upgrade is in process, it may take a couple of hours to complete. This entire process doesn’t ask for a product key. As long as you are running a legit copy of Windows 7, it will complete without any problems.
At last, you can confirm the validity of Windows 10 through Settings > Update & Security > Activation.