Windows 10 is a Microsoft operating system for personal computers, tablets, embedded devices and internet of things devices. This operating system was launched by Microsoft in July 2015. By the end of February 2020, Windows 10 is now running on over 1 billion monthly active devices.
Windows 10 holds a wide array of useful features that can make our lives easier. But if you’ve been using Windows 10 for long enough, you’re probably used to being swarmed by notifications. It seems like every program has something to tell you, ranges from the arrival of new emails to the completion of downloads. However, notifications can be distracting if you’re running multiple programs at once, as they will pop up at the bottom right of your screen no matter what you’re doing. That is one of the most common complaints about Windows 10.
Fortunately, Windows 10 makes it easy to disable/enable notifications. If you want to get rid of these distractions, we’ve put together a simple guide to turning off notifications in Windows 10.
- Open the Windows Settings menu by pressing the Windows Key and I, or alternatively search for Settings in the Windows search bar and click the corresponding result. Make sure you choose Systems in the Settings icons.
- Select System at the top left of the following Window.
- Click the “Notifications & Actions” from the menu on the left. You’ll find yourself at a screen giving you access to all of the notifications settings. Near the top of this menu, there should be a toggle switch labeled, “Get notifications from apps and other senders.” Switch it to “Off.” This will turn off all notifications.
- Adjust more notification settings on this screen. Choose what notifications appear on the lock screen—if anything at all. You can enable or disable Windows Welcome Experience (this often appears after Windows 10 updates) as well as Windows Tips and Tricks.
- Disable notifications for individual applications if you haven’t turned them off entirely. Look for the application you want to disable notifications for and set the notification button to Off.